Skinny Creamy Spinach Dip
Using Kitchen Mama ensures that your microwave recipes absorb no harmful toxic residue from chemical cleaners.
Liz Thomson’s skinny spinach dip is made with Greek yogurt! It’s just as creamy and delicious as you’d expect but with less fat and more protein. It comes together in just a few minutes so it’s perfect for a party!
You can also use Greek yogurt cream cheese, instead of low-fat cream cheese. It’s up to you, but the Greek yogurt cream cheese has a little extra protein!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 12 mins
- Yield: 8
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 8 oz low-fat cream cheese or Greek yogurt cream cheese
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Add the spinach to a large skillet and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until the spinach has wilted.
- Let the spinach cool slightly then transfer to a paper towel and wring out the excess water.
- Place the spinach on a cutting board and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and greek yogurt until combined.
- Stir in the cheddar, parmesan, garlic powder, & salt, and mix well.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Just before serving, microwave on medium heat for 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until heated all the way through.
This dip can be made up to two days in advance. Store in the fridge in an airtight container. Just before serving, heat in the microwave or oven until heated through.
Use Kitchen Mama to keep your microwave fresh for the next recipe.